The WWE often talk about WrestleMania moments. This isn’t a list of the best matches, but simply a list of unforgettable individual moments that have become immortalised.
To be a part of our WrestleMania Top 20 matches countdown, where we are reviewing and revealing a match every day, sign up to our Patreon page at:
We shall also be posting out two podcasts about WrestleMania’s greatest matches. Matches 11-20 will be available to all, but 1-10 will be EXCLUSIVE to Patreon subscribers.
Sign up now for all the content, including the latest breaking news, via the Patreon link for just $1.25 a week. Less than half the price of the Wrestling Observer, but over 80% MORE ACCURATE.
Here are the first 5 WrestleMania moments in our countdown:
16. Bret Hart’s celebration at WrestleMania X: Possibly the best night of Bret Hart’s career. After having a great match with his Brother, Owen, Bret came back out later on that night to win the WWE Championship from Yokozuna. After his victory, the babyfaces lifted Bret up onto their shoulders. This iconic visual symbolised the true crowning of Bret Hart and the end of the Hogan era.
17. The Hardy Boyz return at WrestleMania 33: Since WrestleMania moved to stadiums, the event has lost that “big pop,” based on acoustics of open air stadiums. That wasn’t the case when the Hardyz returned at WrestleMania 33. If there was a roof on the stadium, this incredible pop would have blown it off. The return was topped off by The Hardyz winning the Raw Tag Team Titles.
18. Edge spears Foley through a flaming table at WrestleMania 22: Arguably WrestleMania’s most significant hardcore spot. It was the perfect end to an incredible match- a match which you will never hear about in the PG era. Go out of your way to watch this one again.
19. Hogan, Rock & Austin open WrestleMania XXX: It was the perfect start to an almost perfect WrestleMania. The 3 biggest legends of all-time shared the ring for the ultimate WrestleMania moment.
20. Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit embrace at WrestleMania XX: A moment that has either been damaged or has become even more significant, since the deaths of both men, depending on your opinion. The nice side of this story is that two friends who were thought to be excellent, but under-sized hands throughout their career, made it to the top, at exactly the same time- encapsulated by this one moment.